Battery Data Recorder
The PicoM is an inexpensive data logging device designed primarily for battery capacity testing and performance data collection. The Main design goal is to keep the system as simple as possible and make the installation as quick as possible.
The PicoM features logging of voltages (jar, and optionally its strap or external temperature), AC ripple and a jar temperature at the clip-point. When a dynamic internal resistance measurement option is enabled, a periodic measurements are performed and results recorded, otherwise, normalized internal resistance value is calculated during discharge, when present.
Abnormal (alarm) conditions which will be enunciated by super-bright RED LED lamp. Pico M can detect following alarm conditions:
- Voltage abnormalities (high/low)
- Temperature abnormalities (high)
- Temperature trending (rapid increase)
- AC ripple too high
- Internal resistance value degraded (increased since reference measurement)
- Optionally Strap measurement degraded (increased)
- Over equalized
- Jar exhausted (near end voltage)
- Over discharged (voltage below discharge end voltage)
Data logging function is triggered by voltage change. Based on the terminal voltage, the device determines the battery status and log discharge/recharge cycles and durations, as well as terminal voltage based used capacity levels and any detected alarm and its clearing.
Alarms can be latching or non-latching.
Pico M devices can be installed in an arbitrary order. A single device installation takes usually only few seconds, involving connecting two or three alligator clips or fast-on connectors to the jar posts.
- Simple clip-on, no excessive wiring required
- Small size, light weight , installed in seconds
- Fast sampling rate, independent of the jar count in the string
- Super-bright LEDs for alarm and normal operation indication
- Power saving modes for battery protection, when terminal voltage below preset limit
- Electrically isolated, extremely well suited for batteries operating at very high voltage.
- Auto-ranging voltage input
- 0.9v – 6V or 4V to 20V operational ranges
- Data download over IR link
- Jar strap or external temperature measurements
- Extended memory
- Built-in RTC (real time clock) with rechargeable backup battery
- IR communication for alarm enunciation / configuration
- Stationary UPS Battery capacity test or temporary performance assessment
- Lift truck battery test and/or temporary performance assessment
- Diesel Generator Battery performance assessment
- Generic DC data logger
- Battery usage and performance assessments, warranty
|Pico M Monitoring Device|
|Jar voltage input||
|Dynamic Internal Resistance Measurement Option||Factory configurable|
|Range||-30 to 60 C|
|Dynamic Internal Resistance (optional)|
|configurable average||1-900 milliseconds per sample|
Device powers from the battery it monitors.